We offer free initial phone consults for all workers compensation related queries.
If you have an injury that is or may be related to your work, please contact us to check whether you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits.
If you have an accepted workers compensation claim and the insurer has or is proposing to take steps to reduce your benefits, we can assess, advise and assist you.
We can assist in facilitating a lump sum financial settlement of your workers compensation claim entitlements, from negotiating and advice on settlement amounts to exchange of settlement deeds and payment to you.
For certain matters, we can work for you on a ‘no win, no fee’ costs agreement.
If you suffer an injury at work, on the way to / from work, during a break at work or travel related to work or otherwise related to your work – you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits under the Return to Work Act (NT) (“the Act”).
The Act defines an “injury” for the purposes of workers compensation entitlements – and it’s not necessarily straightforward. Work must be the cause or the injury, or a substantial contributing factor, for a worker to be entitled to workers compensation benefits.
We can assist with your workers compensation queries, claims and disputes by:
- advising on whether you have a claim and entitlement to compensation, and assisting with making a workers compensation claim;
- advising you as to what workers compensation benefits you can claim under the Act, and ensuring you are receiving all of your entitlements;
- providing advice and assistance in disputes with the workers compensation insurer, including in situations where your benefits have been ceased or reduced, or when the insurer has refused to fund something you think you are entitled to;
- advising in relation to settlements, and negotiating overall lump sum settlements of your workers compensation claim;
- arranging whole person impairment assessments / re-assessments by suitable medical experts;
Bill Piper and Cassandra Ellis both have substantial experience and expertise in workers compensation matters. Call us for a free chat now.